Austin Air Healthmate HM400 Air Purifier
Key Features and Benefits
- Remove dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, chemical vapors, gases, viruses, bacteria, and more
- Are ideal for allergy- and asthma-sufferers and those who have chemical sensitivities
- Feature a 360-degree filtering system that draws air in from all sides of the unit and passes it through a 4-stage filter for the most thorough air filtration
- Trap 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns and 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller
- Need filter replacement only once every 5 years - an economical choice
- Require minimal maintenance, just periodic vacuuming of the steel outer housing to ensure optimal airflow and a good wipe-down to keep the surface sparkling clean
Great for Allergy- and Asthma-Sufferers
The Austin Air HealthMate (HM400) and HealthMate Jr. (HM200) Air Purifiers use Austin Air's signature 360-degree progressive filtering system to remove the most symptom-aggravating allergens, odors, and chemicals from your home. With steady use, you may see a reduction in your allergy, asthma, and multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) symptoms or even eliminate them all together.
Every minute, the system pulls in room air from all sides of the air cleaner. Air passes through a 4-stage HEPA/carbon combination filter and is blown back out into your room using the Clean Air Pocket vent. This extensive filtration system cleans your air faster and more efficiently than conventional air purifiers, which means quicker relief from your symptoms.
4-Stage Filtration System
The HealthMate Air Cleaners 4-stage combination filter includes:
- PERMAFILT Pre-Filter - During stage 1, air passes through a cotton PERMAFILT pre-filter, which captures particles easily seen by the naked eye, such as large dust and pet dander particles.
- Medium Particle Filter - Next, a medium particle filter traps small- to medium-size allergens, such as mold, pollen, and dust mites.
- Carbon Blend Filter – Next, air moves through a 15-pound carbon and natural zeolite filter where odors, chemicals, gases, fumes, and VOCs are absorbed and locked away.
- Medical-Grade HEPA Filter - Lastly, air glides through 60 square feet of true medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) material where it is scrubbed free of harmful bacteria and viruses as well as smaller pollen, mold, pet dander, dust, and ragweed particles.
Overall, this long-lasting combination filter eliminates 99.97% of airborne pollutants that are 0.3 microns and larger, 95% of particles that measure 0.1 micron and smaller, and more than 3,000 types of toxic gases and odors. You'll rest easy knowing that you and your family are breathing the cleanest air possible.
Austin Air HeathMate vs. HealthMate Jr.
The Austin Air HealthMate comes in two convenient sizes to fit your room size perfectly. The standard-sized HeathMate has a max fan speed of 400 CFM to clean rooms up to 1,500 square feet. The HealthMate Junior uses 200 CFM to clean rooms up to 700 square feet.
Durable and Efficient Construction
Made in the USA, the Austin Air HealthMate and HealthMate Jr. Air Purifier is constructed with sturdy, long-lasting components that boost efficiency and energy savings. These include an energy-efficient Permanent-Split Capacitor (PSC) motor, a powerful centrifugal fan, and an all-steel outer body. The long-life PSC motor is rated for continuous use at high RPMs and is mounted on shock absorbers to minimize noise. When running, the Healthmate motor draws less current and reduces your operating costs by 50% when compared to other air purifiers.
Easy Controls - Choose from 3 purification speeds using the simple manual knob control.
Smooth-Roll Casters - Casters come standard with the HealthMate, and are an optional accessory for the HealthMate Jr.
Independently Tested - Like all Austin Air Purifiers, the HealthMate has been independently tested for filtration effectiveness by third-party and U.S. government labs.
Easy Filter Changes - Just remove the bottom cover of the air purifier to access the old filter and drop a new one in.
The Austin Air Healthmate helps reduce your chronic allergy, asthma, and MCS symptoms, creating a healthier environment for you and your family.
What Customers Love
- Easy to Use - No complicated control panels, the HealthMate and HealthMate Jr. includes 1 manual knob control to control your fan speed and turn the unit on and off.
- Long-Life Filter - The combination HEPA/carbon filter needs to be replaced only once every 5 years under typical use to help save you money on costly filter replacements.
Things to Consider
- Chemical Removal - Consider whether you need a higher level of chemical filtration. The upgraded Austin Air Healthmate Plus blends potassium iodide into the carbon filter to remove heavier chemicals such as formaldehyde.